Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Ten Marks for Summer Math Practice


I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of your summer vacation!

I wanted to share something I am doing with my daughter this summer. Ten Marks is a PAID website where your child can go for math practice over the summer. The goal of the summer program is to refresh the math topics covered this past year, and preview what’s to come next year – helping students build up their math skills for fall success.  Students are assigned 3-4 worksheets each week, each with 10 problems.  Each interactive worksheet has hints and video lessons, which help them refresh what they know, and learn what they don’t. The site also provides hints (up to 3 per question) if they get stuck on a problem. The basic plan is only $39 for a 3 month subscription.  I like it because Carleigh (my daughter) can do it when it works for us - before the beach, after, if she wakes up early. She doesn't need me to be there to do it. Ten Marks sends a weekly report on her progress which helps me gauge where her strengths and weaknesses are.  If you try it, let me know how you like it.


Have a great summer!!


Here is a video about the program from the Ten Marks website:



No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Reply to Mrs. MacConnell's Blog

1. Hit the tiny link underneath the blog message that says "comments."

2. Type your thoughts in the white text box; instead of signing it with your name, put your first name and your last initial and class period so we stay safe on the Net, but can still figure out who you are. REMEMBER to proofread your comment and check for grammar and spelling errors!

3. Choose your profile and then publish your response. You should see a message saying that I have received it.

4. All comments need to be approved by me before they will be published.